TropeTrainer is our web-based application for learning to chant Tanach text (Torah, Haftarot, and Megillot). TropeTrainer enhances the experience of chanting ancient texts by providing the features and tools that make it convenient and easy to use.
The newly released version of TropeTrainer is web-based and designed to run on virtually any computer or tablet from anywhere in the world. Our Automatic Updates mean you’re always running the most current and up to date version of TropeTrainer.
- You can print whatever you need, whenever you need it.
- You can create PDF files for easy sharing.
- You can use Aliyot Breakdowns for Annual, Triennial, or Customized Torah Readings.
- You can customize your text view: Torah, Tikkun, and Ta’am/Trope.
- You can organize every reading with Customized Color Coding and Filtered Trope Groupings.
- You can take notes on your screen with Integrated White Board.
Welcome to the TropeTrainer Home Screen
TropeTrainer starts with our Home Screen. From there, you can access every function and feature.
- Calendar – view every parashah for every week of every year with our Perpetual Calendar
- Reading – view readings of every parashah and more
- Date Converter – convert any date to or from Gregorian and Hebrew
- Recent – automatically save every reading you’ve recently viewed
- Bookmarks – save any readings for easy access
- Customize a Reading – customize readings from Torah, Haftarah, Meggilah, and aliyot
- Megillot – select among Esther, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Ruth, Song of Songs
- Tutor – learn with our proprietary TropeTrainer Tutorials and Tanach Teaching Tools
- Settings – control all aspects of what you see from your Settings
TropeTrainer lets you view every parashah for every week of every year with our Perpetual Calendar. Even if you don’t know the specific name of the parashah you’re looking for, you can easily find it by looking for the specific Shabbat date. Just use the intuitive navigation to find the date your looking for and then click on the parashah you want to view.
You can easily navigate our Perpetual Calendar by month and year by using the buttons at the top. The navigation works by changing the Gregorian Calendar. The Hebrew Calendar is displayed with English transliteration.
Our Perpetual Calendar shows weekday, Shabbat, Holiday, High Holy Day, Rosh Chodesh, major and minor fasts, Special Shabbatot (Machar Chodesh, Shuvah, Shira, Shekalim, Zakhor, Parah, HaHodesh, Hagadol, and Nahamu).
Once you find the parashah you’re looking for, just click on the name of the parashah and TropeTrainer will display the reading.
Readings and What You See
Our Reading page is the main page for viewing Torah, Haftarah, and other readings. There are several options available to make your learning experience better. They include the following:
Select a Reading – You can Select a Reading from our Calendar by clicking on the name of the Parashah you wish to view.
What You See – Controls the way the selected reading is presented. There is also an option for Viewing Trope Phrases. They can be stacked and color coded.
What You Hear – Coming Soon!
Print – You can print to any attached printer or you can save the reading to a PDF. All you customizations like Color Coding and Whiteboard will be printed, too.
Whiteboard – Lets you mark up any reading with your own notes.
Record – Record lets you record your own voice and save it instantly to your computer.
Not sure of the Hebrew date for your birthday? Need to check to see what parashah was being read on a particular date? Now, you can use TropeTrainer’s Date Converter to change any Hebrew Date to its Gregorian Calendar counterpoint. It works from Gregorian to Hebrew, too.
Conveniently convert any date in the Gregorian Calendar to its Hebrew Date equivalent. Save time and energy looking up dates and let TropeTrainer do it for. You can also convert any Hebrew Date to its Gregorian Calendar equivalent
It’s like having two screens on one! The first converts Gregorian to Hebrew and the second converts Hebrew to Gregorian. They are both impeccably accurate and easy to use.
Recently Viewed Readings
TropeTrainer automatically stores the readings that you view with our Recently Viewed feature.
Every time you access a Torah, Haftarah, or other reading, TropeTrainer saves the information for that reading to your Recently Viewed reading list. We save the name of your reading along with the data and time information. Anytime you want to see what readings you’ve viewed, just click the Recent option from the navigation bar.
Even thought it’s automatic, TropeTrainer lets you control the readings on your system. If you would like to Delete a Recently Viewed reading, simply click on Edit Recents. Check the box next to the reading you want to delete, and press the Delete button. We’ve made everything simple and easy to use.
TropeTrainer lets you save any readings with a Bookmark so you can easily access it again.
It’s different from our Recently Viewed feature because you are in total control of your bookmarks. This feature us available from any Readings page. Just click on the Add to Bookmarks button located above the readings. The reading will be added to your Bookmarks. Once saved, you can create a custom name for you bookmark.
This is great for anyone who needs to access multiple readings and needs a convenient way to locate them the next time. Sometimes, you need a name that’s easier to remember than the date and time of the last time you viewed the reading.
For teachers, you can name the readings for your student or for the Bar Mitzvah parashah.
Later, you can rename the Bookmark as needed or you can delete it from your system entirely.
Customize a Reading
TropeTrainer lets you customize the name of your reading by selecting the box below the title Customize Reading Name and typing the name of your choice.
You can select and customize any of the aliyot by Chapter and Verse.
When you’re finished, you can view your Custom Reading or save your Custom Reading to a Bookmarks and save it to your Bookmarks folder.
You can also save to a Bookmark using the banner headings while your’re viewing your Custom Reading.
TropeTrainer includes full readings for all five Megillot:
- Ruth, and
- Song of Songs.
To access any megillah readings screen, click on the Megillot button. From there, click on the megillah you would like to view. Once you have chosen your megillah, click on the Chapter number you would like to see. Your selected megillah will open in Reading view.
Just like our Torah and Haftarah readings, you can mark up your megillah readings using our Whiteboard technology, you can adjust the Reading View, Customize the Readings, print to a printer or create a PDF, and create a Bookmark of the megillah readings.
Trope Trainer Tutorials and Tanach Teaching Tools
TropeTrainer lets you customize the way you view your Readings based on specific Settings that you select.
For all of the available options, simple choose the options you want to use for your Default reading.
- Calendar Locale – Lets you choose between Diaspora and Israel.
- Torah Reading Default – Lets you choose among Annual Reading, Triennial Year 1, Triennial Year2, Triennial Year 3, and Use Annual Maftir for Triennial.
- Haftarah – Lets you choose between Ashkenzim and Sephardim.
- Transliteration – Lets you choose between Simplified Ashkenazi or Simplified Sephardic.
- Trope Phrase Highlight Colors – Lets you choose the color to use for the various Trope Phrase Options. If you would like to cancel your selections, press the Reset Defaults button near the bottom of the screen.
Individual Subscriptions are for one licensed user and are non-transferable. These are good for you, your students, and any one interested in learning.
Monthly Individual Subscription
Annual Individual Subscription
Lifetime Individual Partnerships
Contact Us for More Information
Organization Subscriptions are for synagogues, religious organizations, Jewish institutions, and other 501 (c)(3) designated charitable organizations.
(for up to 4 people in the organization)